Proudly supported by our friends at Premier Roofing
NOTICE: There is NO current evidence of companion animals spreading COVID-19 to humans; the spread of the virus is due to human-to-human transmission. Therefore it is important and preferable that, whenever possible, companion animals remain in their homes with their human families.
Incorporate your pets into your emergency preparedness plans!
- Stock up on essential supplies such as food, litter, medications, etc.
- Make contingency plans with family, friends or neighbors so you have someone to provide for your pet if you are unable to do so – either in your home or in the temporary caretaker’s home, boarding kennel or veterinarian’s office.
- Have a written authorization for veterinary care should you be unable to be responsible for doing so.
- Should you have to quarantine due to possible exposure to COVID-19:
- Keep your pets with you while in quarantine
- Have another member of the household care for the pet (feeding etc.) If not possible, wash your hands regularly and wear a face mask when tending to or interacting with your pet.
Where a companion animal has been in contact with a person who has or suspected to have COVID-19, remember the greatest risk of exposure comes not from the animal but from person-to-person contact. Strictly adhere to social distancing!
Due to COVID-19 protocols, the DHVS Shelter is closed to the public. Staff is there working for the dogs and cats in our care, but not open to the public. Adoptions are still possible – by appointment only. Please call the shelter if you’d like to welcome a dog or cat into your home. We also have resources for pet food if you need assistance during this stressful time.
The Barking Cat Boutique will be closing 3/21/20 at 1pm. If you need to discuss future tux rental, need some Dixie Belle paint, essentials oils or any of the other products we carry, just message us though fb and we’ll contact you. Staff safe and healthy everyone!
The Delaware Valley Humane Society, Inc is a nonprofit organization that provides Shelter care in the most humane and compassionate way possible with a focus on health, care and adoption of homeless cats and dogs to desirable homes.